Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Unchained.

Saw 'Django Unchained' this week, which was fantastic, and was super inspired to create my own western bandit character. I started with a pretty good idea of what I wanted overall, but also wanted to keep myself open to ideas as I went along. 

I wanted him to be shirtless, dark denim jeans with some native american influences, jewlery, tattoos, possibly war paint. That all might be a bit overkill but I want to try different things and see what works.

 Also definitely wearing a bandana and dark glasses. 

Here is the block in and base sculpt so far. Everything created in zbrush so far. I still need a better handle on the curve brushes, cause the necklace is super funky and definitely needs another go. 
The hands were also were just placed temp with the insert mesh brush. I'll need to re-dynamesh them with the torso soon. 

Still some things to block in like the pistol, his glasses, and haven't decided if I will give him a cowboy hat or long flowing hair. 

The accessories will make this piece sing, and will be good practice since I generally dislike working with a lot of subtools. 

More to come!


No comments: